[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Fri Oct 7 10:39:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:57, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org> wrote:
>> And even that leaves aside the question of just which of those systems to
>> adopt, which is a question, every other time I have seen it (other contexts),
>> that never seems to get settled quickly - they all seem to have different
>> advantages and disadvantages, which is "best" depends a lot on what each
>> individual user sees as most important.
>
> That was true a couple of years ago, but now I think you'll find most
> objective observers agree that git has won and is the rational choice
> (note thats rational, not best).

I would disagree (if just to make the point that no single system has
won): I think you'll find most objective observers agree that hg is
much more user-friendly and draws a *lot* of developers (though maybe
from a different tribe than yours; for example, Mercurial is quite
popular with Windows developers, where git functions suboptimally). So
while I agree that setting up a public (D)VCS repo ASAPish would be
good, I also agree with Robert that it's sensible to wait a little bit
for a discussion to take place, after the current issue subsides a
bit.

Cheers,

Dirkjan