[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Dafydd Rhys-Jones D.Rhys-Jones at F5.com
Fri Oct 7 19:33:21 UTC 2011

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't there be a concern if the code is stored in a server in the United States?

-----Original Message-----
From: tz-bounces at iana.org [mailto:tz-bounces at iana.org] On Behalf Of David Zülke
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 3:39 AM
To: Alex Stapleton
Cc: tz at iana.org; Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Not sure how it would change the workflow much. They could "own" the master repos e.g. on GitHub, push changes to it, accept change proposals via Pull Requests, and tag official releases whenever they see fit.

Git is great because of its distributed workflow. GitHub is great because it makes collaboration a breeze. Together they're a massive win.

David