[tz] Robert Elz as TZ coordinator and designated technical expert

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Oct 25 02:11:58 UTC 2011

On 10/24/11 6:43 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I volunteered to act on the behalf of the Time Zone Database community
> and relay the call (by David Keegel)
> that the TZ mailing list has reached a consensus that Robert Elz
> (kre at munnari.oz.au <mailto:kre at munnari.oz.au>) should be TZ Coordinator,
> and the technical
> expert to IANA designated by the IESG, as is called for in
>
>  draft-lear-iana-timezone-database-04
>
> While that document has not been formally published by the IETF, it has
> been approved by the IESG and
> IANA is now administering the Time Zone database and mailing list under
> its provisions, so a technical expert is needed.
>
> On the primary thread discussing this on the TZML this there were over
> 20 messages and no opposition in over 2 weeks of LC, so I think
> that there is no doubt that the consensus is very solid. He has been
> acting in this role in a temporary capacity so there would be no
> perturbations
> caused by this appointment.
>
> Pete and Peter, could you please relay this to the entire IESG? I would
> be glad to answer any questions, and I am sure that David K would be as
> well.

Hi Marshall,

I have followed the discussion on the tz at iana.org list and I concur with
your reading of the consensus. As the sponsoring Area Director for
draft-lear-iana-timezone-database, I will be happy to take the next
steps required for interaction with the IESG.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/