Texas timezone history

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 8 20:14:39 UTC 2011

On 09/08/11 11:20, Jules Descartes wrote:
> I think there is an error in the current tzdata/northamerica file regarding Texas.
> It claims that Texas follows America/Chicago.

Typically when there's a comment to that effect in the
tz database, it's referring only to time stamps starting
with 1970.  If you go back far enough, every city, town,
and village had its own little time zone, and the tz
database does not attempt to cover that.  Its coverage
of time stamps before 1970 are only for locations that
have differed after 1970.