[tz] leap second 2012-06-30T23:59:60Z

Denis Excoffier cygwin at Denis-Excoffier.org
Sun Feb 12 15:09:51 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-09 22:08, Robert Elz wrote:

>    Date:        Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:53:43 +0100
>    From:        Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com>
>
>  | akuster <akuster at mvista.com> writes:
>  | > is there going to be an official release for this issue ?
>  | My question as well.  Or are we waiting for another zone change?
>
> here is an update due, and the leap second update is in it already.
> The Armenian change I'd like a little more confirmation of, if that's
> possible, those changes seem to be frequently postulated, but less
> often actually occur.   It is certainly a possibility, but something more
> than an announcement of an intention would be nice to see,

Please also add the following. I don't have the book from Le Corre, but i can
read maps and recognize typos in names of French cities. I've also exchanged
Dole and Arbois.

Denis Excoffier.

diff -cNr 0/europe 1/europe
*** 0/europe    Fri Oct 28 11:58:45 2011
--- 1/europe    Sun Feb 12 14:53:54 2012
***************
*** 1150,1160 ****
  # The French rules for 1941-1944 were not used in Paris, but Shanks & Pottenger
  # write that they were used in Monaco and in many French locations.
  # Le Corre writes that the upper limit of the free zone was Arneguy, Orthez,
! # Mont-de-Marsan, Bazas, Langon, Lamotte-Montravel, Marouil, La
! # Rochefoucault, Champagne-Mouton, La Roche-Posay, La Haye-Decartes,
  # Loches, Montrichard, Vierzon, Bourges, Moulins, Digoin,
! # Paray-le-Monial, Montceau-les-Mines, Chalons-sur-Saone, Arbois,
! # Dole, Morez, St-Claude, and Collognes (Haute-Savioe).
  Rule  France  1941    only    -       May      5       0:00   2:00    M # Midsummer
  # Shanks & Pottenger say this transition occurred at Oct 6 1:00,
  # but go with Denis Excoffier (1997-12-12),
--- 1150,1160 ----
  # The French rules for 1941-1944 were not used in Paris, but Shanks & Pottenger
  # write that they were used in Monaco and in many French locations.
  # Le Corre writes that the upper limit of the free zone was Arneguy, Orthez,
! # Mont-de-Marsan, Bazas, Langon, Lamothe-Montravel, Mareuil, La
! # Rochefoucauld, Champagne-Mouton, La Roche-Posay, La Haye-Descartes,
  # Loches, Montrichard, Vierzon, Bourges, Moulins, Digoin,
! # Paray-le-Monial, Montceau-les-Mines, Chalon-sur-Saone, Dole, Arbois,
! # Morez, Saint-Claude, and Collonges (Haute-Savoie).