[tz] Casablanca Timezone changes

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Fri Jul 13 13:02:12 UTC 2012

here's the government announcement
http://www.mmsp.gov.ma/fr/actualites.aspx?id=250  The actual
proclamation is in arabic.

It doesn't say when Ramadan is (presumably they require observation?)

This website http://www.gobladi.com/ramadan-2012-au-maroc
suggests july 20th to august 18th but points out that actual date
depends on observation.

and this one concurs:
http://www.naturallymorocco.co.uk/about-morocco/public-holidays-two/ramadan.html

Apparently it's this ministery that actually sets the date for Ramadan:
http://www.habous.gov.ma/fr/ There isn't a date posted, however under
islamic affairs there appears to be announcement of sightings of moon
crescent http://www.habous.gov.ma/fr/Affaires-islamiques.html and the
start of holidays so this could also apply to Ramadan as well.

So by all account the actual date isn't settled but guesses from
timeanddate.com and microsoft are as close as one could hope to do ahead
of time.