[tz] unofficial tz repository on github

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Thu Jul 19 08:00:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> I've set up an unofficial repository containing the tz code and
> data at <https://github.com/eggert/tz>.  This is supposed to
> contain the history of changes to the tz code and data, back to
> the first commit in 1984.  I plan to use it to publish further
> proposed changes.  The official tz distributions will remain in
> their current location, at <ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/>.

Just to clarify: I understand the github repository is unofficial as a
means of distribution, but it's considered to be the canonical
repository, right? There's no intention to setup a more-official
repository on some other hosting service?

I think this is a great step to making the timezone maintenance a
little more transparent.

Cheers,

Dirkjan