[tz] Bug in tzdata2012c/northamerica 2x Idaho County in America/Los_Angeles

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Mon May 21 09:49:50 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-21 10:11, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Ian Abbott<abbotti at mev.co.uk>  wrote:
>> On 2012-05-19 16:38, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>>>
>>> tzdata2012c/northamerica
>>> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/data/northamerica
>>> https://github.com/valodzka/tzdata/blame/master/northamerica
>>> 2007-08-20 tzdata2007g
>>>
>>> https://github.com/valodzka/tzdata/commit/4cd595118d4f623edd792ec341ac1bd6016e9814
>>> traced back to
>>> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2007-August/014494.html
>>> Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
>>> Fri Aug 17 22:56:11 UTC 2007
>>> -------cite-------
>>> # US Pacific time, represented by Los Angeles
>>> # ... northern Idaho (Benewah,...
>>> # Idaho, ... , and Shoshone counties,
>>> # and the northern three-quarters of Idaho county)
>>> Zone America/Los_Angeles
>>> --------cite end-----
>>

>> One rule covers the northern three-quarters of Idaho county
> Maybe you can point the readers to which that would be.
>
>> and another rule
>> covers the remaining southern quarter of Idaho county.
> I am not interested in that other rule.
>
>> So what's the bug?
> See the bug report named
> "Bug in tzdata2012c/northamerica 2x Idaho County in America/Los_Angeles"

# US Pacific time, represented by Los Angeles
#
# California, northern Idaho (Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater,
# Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,
# and the northern three-quarters of Idaho county),
# most of Nevada, most of Oregon, and Washington

"northern Idaho" refers to that part of the state of Idaho listed within
the parentheses.  Within the parentheses, "Idaho" refers to Idaho City.
  So I suppose the "bug" is that it should say "Idaho City".

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-