[tz] Bug in tzdata2012c/northamerica 2x Idaho County in America/Los_Angeles

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Mon May 21 10:03:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-21 10:49, Ian Abbott wrote:
> On 2012-05-21 10:11, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> See the bug report named
>> "Bug in tzdata2012c/northamerica 2x Idaho County in America/Los_Angeles"
>
> # US Pacific time, represented by Los Angeles
> #
> # California, northern Idaho (Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater,
> # Idaho, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, and Shoshone counties,
> # and the northern three-quarters of Idaho county),
> # most of Nevada, most of Oregon, and Washington
>
> "northern Idaho" refers to that part of the state of Idaho listed within
> the parentheses. Within the parentheses, "Idaho" refers to Idaho City.
> So I suppose the "bug" is that it should say "Idaho City".

Except that Idaho City is in Boise County, which is covered by a
different rule, so maybe it's not referring to Idaho City after all.  It
all depends which rule covers Idaho City.

So which rule covers Idaho City, America/Los_Angeles or America/Boise?

Whichever rule it is, I guess the comment(s) could be improved.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-