[tz] EST/EDT vs AEST/AEDT in AQ [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tobias Conradi mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com
Wed Apr 17 18:36:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013, at 14:16, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> No, I didn't claim that the consistent usage of D in %s is a random
>> fact.
>
> I didn't say you claimed it was a random fact, I said it _is_ a random
> fact.
How do you came to this conclusion?

> You based your entire argument for this LHHT
> invention on nothing else
> but that it happens to be true of the data that exists now.
Not true. I mentioned it already, using LHDT for 0:30 /and/ for 1:00
saving may lead to ambiguities, e.g. if two time records with one of
the offsets each are displayed next to each other.

I did invent LHHT without knowing about xHDT usage in the database.
When I found out about the wide usage of HD I changed my proposal to
LHHDT.

> There's
> nothing in Theory that says abbreviations with D must mean 1:00.
It's in Practice.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18