[tz] EST/EDT vs AEST/AEDT in AQ [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 20:46:24 UTC 2013

On 17/04/2013 19:36, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013, at 14:16, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>>> No, I didn't claim that the consistent usage of D in %s is a random
>>> fact.
>>
>> I didn't say you claimed it was a random fact, I said it _is_ a random
>> fact.
> How do you came to this conclusion?
>
>> You based your entire argument for this LHHT
>> invention on nothing else
>> but that it happens to be true of the data that exists now.
> Not true. I mentioned it already, using LHDT for 0:30 /and/ for 1:00
> saving may lead to ambiguities, e.g. if two time records with one of
> the offsets each are displayed next to each other.

But as long as both 0:30 and 1:00 offsets weren't in use at the same
time, and you know the history, you can work out which one was used for
any particular timestamp.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-