[tz] Proposal to change Macquarie Island to be Australian territory

David Grosz david at DLG.com.au
Wed Apr 17 23:02:24 UTC 2013

I'm not sure if this is what the issue is but politically, Macquarie Island is part of Tasmania and as such, I would have thought it should be included under Australia.

Kind Regards,
David Grosz
Sydney, Australia

There are only 10 types of people in the world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

-----Original Message-----
From: tz-bounces at iana.org [mailto:tz-bounces at iana.org] On Behalf Of David Patte ?
Sent: 18 April 2013 08:10
To: tz at iana.org
Subject: Re: [tz] Proposal to change Macquarie Island to be Australian territory

By that logic, it seems New Zealand should be in Antarctica. LOL

No one suggested Macquarie Island should be listed in the Indian ocean, since it is east of Australia, not west; and it seems out of place with the other Antarctica listings are on the Antarctica continental shelf.
Macquarie Island is not. It is just south of NZ.