[tz] "non-standard" timezones

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Jan 5 21:50:33 UTC 2013

On 01/05/2013 01:30 PM, Shawn Steele wrote:
> I see anecdotal references to how to edit timezone data on various platforms,
> but no actual examples of people actually using some sort of special time zone.

Typically, I think, people use what is coming from
the tz database, unchanged.  And in the exceptions, they
typically edit an existing entry rather than come up with
a new name.  And in the exceptions to *that*, they
typically use a name similar to the names already
in the database, rather than an unusual name.