[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Sun Mar 31 08:29:20 UTC 2013

On Mar 31, 2013, at 12:28 AM, "Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at davros.org> wrote:

> Guy Harris said:
>> My vote is to pick the one that the fewest Australians who actually bother to voice an opinion on this dislike,
>
> The problem is that we hear from the ones who want a change. The ones who
> want the status quo have much less incentive to speak.

Then perhaps we need to give them an incentive to speak, such as...

> So if we did change them to a new set, we could well end up getting the
> same argument again, but this time the CWT etc. people would be complaining
> and filling up my mailbox while the AEZT people would be saying "there
> isn't consensus - no need to change it".

..."this is the last change we will make, so speak now or forever hold your peace, as all subsequent complaints will receive a reply saying 'we already decided this, and we are *NOT* going to reconsider our decision, so you're wasting your time and ours.'"