[tz] Dropping iso3166.tab

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue May 21 20:01:17 UTC 2013

On 05/21/13 10:06, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:
> I should think to emphasize the magnitude of this change you should have
> used Europe/Copenhagen, Europe/Oslo, and Europe/Stockholm as your
> examples. Not sure which one you would propose using as the new
> timezone, though.

Whichever has the greatest population; in that case I expect it'd
be Europe/Berlin.  My email mentioned Africa/Lagos instead
of the European examples because my process spit out names in
alphabetic order, and I looked at the first entries.

> Is there a way to programmatically generate a list of all timezones that
> have been the same since 1970?

Yes, and I've done that.  Hmm, I seem to have lost the list, but I
suppose I could generate it again if there's interest.  (It's a bit
of a pain because my program runs on Solaris but not on
GNU/Linux, ouch....)