[tz] Rules for TZ+ database

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Sep 6 22:03:36 UTC 2013

random832 at fastmail.us said:
> Yeah, but if you've got a flight that takes a set amount of time, and
> one of the endpoints switches zones and the other doesn't, you'd have to
> reschedule one of them anyway. Airlines are the one place I think it
> _would_ make sense to schedule everything in UTC. The only situation it
> wouldn't is if both endpoints make the same change (as when the whole US
> changed its daylight saving rules).
>
> Do we have any airline people here who can comment?

Back when you could visit the flight deck on trans-Atlantic flights, I
often did so. Sometimes I'd look at the flight planning printout, which
gave scheduled times at various checkpoints en route (from memory these are
about every 5 degrees of longitude). All times were in Zulu.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.