[tz] Rules for TZ+ database

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Mon Sep 9 13:09:31 UTC 2013

Airlines aren't without their flaws. I did see a flight that was
magically 1h shorter than all the others. Reason: DST to ST switchover
was occurring during the flight and the reservation system didn't take
that into account in their computation of the time of flight. That said,
you would think that scheduling is an area where airlines pay particular
attention.

So it doesn't really matter if you store the meeting time in UTC, local
time + TZ or Julian Dates, these are all monotonic. The question is if
you have the all the needed information to convert from one form to the
next correctly so that this UTC flight time correspond to the correct
arrival time in local time.

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Principal Member Technical Staff | 514.905.8744