[tz] Large scale changes proposed in 2014f

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Sat Aug 2 01:38:36 UTC 2014

On 31 July 2014 20:20, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> You can also see changes directly from the experimental version, using
> URLs like this:
>
> http://github.com/eggert/tz/compare/2014e...master
>
> I don't normally use a web-based interface, though; I use 'git' directly.
>  For example, on my development host the shell command 'git diff 2014e'
> outputs a text file containing all the changes since 2014e.

One benefit of Stephen's repository, though, is that it isolates changes to
data, which are otherwise lumped in with commentary and code changes, of
which there have been quite a lot — many overlapping — since 2014e.
Running 'git diff 2014e' gives me over 14000 lines of output which are not
so useful as they would seem.

In any case, I am glad to see this project moving forward with what is
hopefully the beginning of a much-needed, well-researched cleanup, not the
end.

--
Tim Parenti