[tz] India might get a second time zone

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 2 22:52:47 UTC 2014

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until the central government approves it?  They may assign a name to it in the process, such as Assam Standard Time, or the likes.

The fact that "baggan" means "garden" will probably be lost on most folks, although many understand that "chai" is another word for (or type of) tea.  I can envision the multitude of jokes queuing around "tea bagging time".