[tz] Non-valid timezones, is there a rule to remove them?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 11:15:26 UTC 2014

Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> Yeah, I got it and now makes sense to keep both for historical reasons.

Not so much 'It makes sense', but if I am looking at previous dates then I
expect to get the same offset as was applied at the time, so historic data never
becomes invalid? There is still a debate as to times prior to 1970 and currently
we do not have a reliable means of determining that. It seems that Microsoft may
be using a different cutoff date or different rules to providing historic data?
So we need to know at what point we are no longer able to rely on a service!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL