[tz] Bill to return Russia 11 time zones

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 2 05:28:59 UTC 2014

Alexander Krivenyshev wrote:

> http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia65.html

Thanks.  I tried to understand the change by comparing this to the 2011
list in <http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia36.html>.
  It appears that all regions are subtracting 1 hour from their clocks,
except for the following:

1. The following regions are not changing their clocks:

Chukotsky Avtonomny Okrug (Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, Chukotka) UTC+12
Kamchatsky Krai (Kamchatka Krai, Kamchatka) UTC+12
Kemerovskaya oblast (Kemerovo Oblast, Kemerovo Region) UTC+7
Magadanskaya Oblast (Magadan Oblast, Magadan Region) UTC+12
Samarskaya Oblast (Samara Oblast, Samara Region) UTC+4
Udmurt Republic (Udmurtskaya Respublika) UTC+4
Zabaykalsky Krai UTC+10

2. The following region is in the 2014 list and not the 2011 list:

Republic of Crimea UTC+3

3. The following regions were in the 2011 list but are missing in the
2014 list:

Alexandrovsk-Sakhalinsky District UTC+11
Anivsky District UTC+11
Dolinsky District UTC+11
Kholmsky District UTC+11
Korsakovsky District UTC+11
Kurilsky District (Kuril Islands) UTC+11
Makarovsky District UTC+11
Nevelsky District UTC+11
Nogliksky District UTC+11
Okhinsky District UTC+11
Poronaysky District UTC+11
Smirnykhovsky District UTC+11
Tomarinsky District UTC+11
Tymovsky District UTC+11
Uglegorsky District UTC+11
Yuzhno-Kurilsky District (Kuril Islands) UTC+11

I am worried about (3).  Have these districts been abolished, or have
their 2014 time zones not been decided yet, or what?