[tz] America/Grand_Turk (Turks and Caicos)

Chris Walton Chris.Walton at telus.com
Tue Nov 4 19:26:27 UTC 2014

I am suspicious that the current time zone rules for Turks and Caicos may be wrong.

In August of this year, the TCI Government did make plans to be on "permanent daylight saving time".  This would have meant that the clocks should not have changed Nov 2/2014.
This is properly modeled in the current TZ rules as permanent Atlantic Standard Time (AST) starting Nov 2/2014.
http://tcweeklynews.com/daylight-savings-time-to-be-maintained-p5353-127.htm
http://tcweeklynews.com/daylight-saving-time-p5360-144.htm

In September of this year, the TCI government appears to have delayed the switch to "permanent daylight saving time" by one year.
This means Turks and Caicos should theoretically be running on Eastern Standard Time (EST) now.  The switch to AST should presumably start on Nov 1/2015.
http://tcweeklynews.com/time-change-to-go-ahead-this-november-p5437-127.htm

I think this website may have more info, but currently it is non-functional.
http://www.gov.tc/pressoffice/

-chris