[tz] Utah may drop DST

Zoidsoft zoidsoft at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 08:58:37 UTC 2014

I was thinking of the Seti at home app that used to be popular back in the
90's.  Before that I always had to set the time on all my devices.  In my
experience my cell phone has updated time change info on something other
than the tz database.  I don't know how Verizon did it (unless it's through
complex shape files), but when driving by Vidal, it was on Arizona time; 6
miles north it switched to Pacific time.  I know because I let the tz
database know about this strange little town which Verizon somehow knew
about and kept time with (probably only a population of about 12).

Perhaps an iterative process like this could help improve accuracy when
users change the time standard when it is wrong sending that info back to a
server that the tz database reads?