[tz] proposed tz change for Latvia, Lithuania

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon May 25 17:01:33 UTC 2015

Jonathan Leffler wrote:
> Google (http://translate.google.com/) translates the original request as:

What I was trying to say, perhaps too elliptically, was that the readers of this
mailing list aren't expected to read non-English text, and that as a courtesy
it's better for senders to translate their messages to English before sending
them here, rather than to expect each reader try to puzzle out what to do with
the message.

Also, as a practical matter, the email filters applied to this list give lower
priorities to non-English messages.  The message from Ivars Zagorskis almost
didn't get through, and if I hadn't been less hurried than usual it would have
been discarded unread.

The next time this situation arises, I think I'll ask the sender to retransmit
in English rather than burden our readers with flurries of messages like this
thread.