[tz] More Russian Changes

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 22:44:10 UTC 2015

There's actually a third change being proposed.  In addition to the two I previously mentioned, the Sakhalin region (our Asia/Sakhalin zone) would move from UTC+10 to UTC+11.

News links
http://www.duma.gov.ru/news/273/1234373/
http://www.duma.gov.ru/news/273/1272746/
http://www.duma.gov.ru/news/273/1310125/

Links to bills:
http://asozd2.duma.gov.ru/main.nsf/(SpravkaNew)?OpenAgent&RN=840321-6&02
http://asozd2.duma.gov.ru/main.nsf/(SpravkaNew)?OpenAgent&RN=862646-6&02
http://asozd2.duma.gov.ru/main.nsf/(SpravkaNew)?OpenAgent&RN=888645-6&02

There is a mention in two of the three bills of an effective date of March 27, 2016 at 2:00.  The other (for Trans-Baikal) has an effective date of Oct 25 2015 1:00, which obviously has passed before the bill was finalized.  I expect it will be updated to match the other two.

I'll keep an eye on these, but all three are still in "pending" status, and as we all know - often these things are cancelled or postponed at the last minute.

-Matt