[tz] Official definition and origin of the term "Central European Time"

Even Scharning tzdb at time.is
Sat Oct 24 11:54:09 UTC 2015

Yes, to some people it comes as a shock that the time in London is not
always GMT. :)

But "Central European Time" is easily reworded into "the current time
in Europe". "Greenwich Mean Time" does not translate into "British
(Summer) Time" in the same way, at least not if you just look at the
meaning of the words.

Even Scharning
Time.is - exact time for any time zone
http://time.is/