[tz] Spain may change time

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Dec 13 20:13:54 UTC 2016

On 13 December 2016 at 14:59, Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This article, as far as I can tell, looks both complete and authoritative:
>
> http://astronomia.ign.es/rknowsys-theme/images/
> webAstro/paginas/documentos/Anuario/lahoraoficialenespana.pdf

I can't read Spanish, but skimming the tables in that article, it seems a
lot of switches in the 1910s–1930s were legally at 25:00.  So presumably a
25:00 Saturday switch meant that it was legally considered Saturday right
up to and including what we would call "00:59:59 Sunday", and only became
legally Sunday once the clock fell back an hour to 00:00:00.

I think that level of detail is outside the scope of the data itself (and
I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a great way to represent it anyway), but
is certainly fascinating enough to include in our commentary, if I
interpreted it correctly.

Can someone with a better comprehension of Spanish confirm and/or translate
the relevant parts?

--
Tim Parenti