[tz] ICANN contacts Egyptian government about recent last-minute clock change

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Mon Jul 25 23:42:13 UTC 2016

I think almost all nuance is lost in such brief general press articles. Of course, any confusion on this group’s part pales in comparison to those trying to rely on their devices and applications to plan their activities.

Suffice it to say I’ve been talking with my colleague Baher and he has been in dialogue with the government contacts and relayed the best practice discussed on this list, and the negative consequences for their populace of making eleventh hour changes.

Let’s see if the increased awareness will help for future changes.

kim