[tz] Egypt to have DST again

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:01:08 UTC 2016

On 06/27/2016 05:06 PM, Ahmed Nazmy wrote:
> Egyptian Parliament today  just decided to cancel DST
Thanks for the heads-up. As I understand it, the bill is not yet law and
would have to pass through more legislative hoops to become law. In that
sense it is like a similar effort to abolish DST in California, which
has also passed a committee vote
<http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article83558137.html>.
That being said, the Egyptian movement to abolish DST seems more likely
to succeed than the Californian one. We should definitely keep an eye on
Egypt, as it's quite possible that I jumped the gun in assuming that the
planned change on July 7 at 24:00 will actually happen.