[tz] Egypt to have DST again

Jonathan Lennox lennox at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 28 20:17:34 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, June 28 2016, "Matt Johnson" wrote to "Ahmed Nazmy, Paul Eggert, Time 	Zone Database, WorldTimeServer.com Support" saying:

> Additional drama today:
>

> "Prime Minister defies Parliament: daylight saving time, God willing, will be
> applied"
>
> http://www.aldiwan.org/6590432.html
>

> Mohammed Akkad (Parliament):
>
> "... is not the right of the Prime Minister approve..."
>
> "... Parliament is the sole owner of the right in the legislation..."
>
> http://nuwabonline.com/news/NewsDetails/12136
>

> So in this situation, when a government cannot come to consensus within their
> own divisions, who do we listen to?

We wait to see what people on the ground actually do.  (As happened in 2001
with Mexico City, when there was a dispute about whether the local or
federal goverment had authority over DST.)

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox at cs.columbia.edu