[tz] Regarding Turkey DST change

Tue Nov 15 20:07:22 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-15 04:43, Peddi, Radhika (Radhika) wrote:
> Could you please tell me whether Turkey DST changes are fixed in
> tzdata or not? If fixed could you please let me know which
> tzdata*.tar.gz contains the changes? I have downloaded the latest one
> available on https://www.iana.org/time-zones. However still
> UTCOffString value showing as +2.00 instead of +3.00 for November
> dates.

Have you also customized the directories in the Makefile, built
the utilities (e.g. zic), compiled the data with the utilities,
and installed the updates where your system expects to find them
(normally /usr/share/zoneinfo/), without any errors?

Each of these are common reasons why systems don't see updated
tz data.

Have you checked if your system distros' binary package for tzdata
is release 2016g or higher, and installed the update?