[tz] tzdata2016g missing version information

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Wed Sep 28 19:26:06 UTC 2016

Yup, Noda Time does the same thing where possible:
https://github.com/nodatime/nodatime/blob/master/src/NodaTime.TzdbCompiler/Tzdb/TzdbZoneInfoCompiler.cs#L145

(I do infer the version from the filename if we have it.)

But yes, another vote for a stable, easily-machine-readable place for the
version number to be included in the data tar.gz file.

Jon