[tz] Fixed typos

Paul.Koning at dell.com Paul.Koning at dell.com
Mon Aug 21 13:19:45 UTC 2017

> On Aug 20, 2017, at 8:22 AM, J William Piggott <elseifthen at gmx.com> wrote:
>

> On 08/20/2017 12:17 AM, Ice Karma (J. Connell) 7¿
> wrote:
>> I suspect "meterological" in the first diff hunk should actually read
>> "meteorological", rather than "metrological".
>
> It seems unlikely that the Madras Observatory was making weather reports.
> I imagine the author intended to write "astronomical" measurements.
>
> However, since it is written as a direct quote the mistake should be
> left as is, possibly with [sic]?

"Metrological" is a word; it means "relating to precise measurement".  For example, the official journal of the Internal Standards Bureau (BIPM) is "Metrologia".  And my father's professional specialty was metrology.

When speaking of astronomical observatories making measurements relating to time, "metrological" definitely fits.  No [sic] is called for here.

	paul