[tz] Magallanes region from Chile will keep DST all year round

Juan Correa pottersys at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:28:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> If we interpret the decree modification as written, Magallanes is
> scheduled to change from -03 to -04 on 2019-05-11 at 24:00, which will be
> one hour after Santiago is scheduled to change from -03 to -04. Surely this
> is not intended. For now, it's simpler to assume the change will be
> permanent

Both Magallanes and Santiago will be on UTC -03 for this 2019 scheduled
transition (Santiago shall start DST [-04 to -03] on Aug 11, 2018); so they
will jump back to -04 simultaneously *if they don't change this again* (and
it will jump to "hora oficial" [Santiago] nevertheless that day)

I tested the patch, and it works OK for this year.

Aside, I hope the new official version goes live around Feb. 15 in the
worst case; so downstream providers (and developers) can test this new time
zone without being in a hurry

--
Juan Correa Poblete
PS Labs (http://www.pslabs.cl)