[tz] State of Texas – A plan to end daylight saving time

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 13 14:41:59 UTC 2017

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 10:27 AM, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:
>
> No, it's another nutty proposal to *stay* on DST year round.  Ugh.

So let me think... TX on "year round DST" is essentially saying, "Let's move TX to Eastern Standard Time"? Right?

Seems off.  I can understand, say, that MA, NH, ME may wish to move to Atlantic Standard Time (as an MA resident, I endorse this plan), but putting Texas in Eastern Standard time seems very weird.

Oh, and at this point, I should remind folks of my friend's proposal for easier springing forward, aka. the Don Hausen DST plan:

1.) Fall back stays as is.

2.) Spring forward happens on a Friday at 4pm, where time then jumps to 5pm.  This means an earlier end to the work day, and provides an opportunity for celebration at various local establishments.  Less sleep is lost, and honestly, another excuse to celebrate isn't a bad idea.

Thank you!
Dan