[tz] Canada/East-Saskatchewan

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 24 17:47:20 UTC 2017

On 10/24/2017 02:51 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> You're right that timezonemap.h needs updating, but it has nothing to do
> with Canada/East-Saskatchewan missing and failing the test. It's simply
> a data point that is now gone.

I assumed that timezonemap.h was the source for the tests, in that the
test runs through each of its entries and makes sure that they work. So
if you update timezonemap.h to match the current tzdb then the tests
should succeed again.

If I'm wrong and something else is testing Canada/East-Saskatchewan,
then that other thing needs to be updated. As far as I know,
Canada/East-Saskatchewan has not been in production use for many years;
it's used only by programs that test tzdb exhaustively.

>> What program generates those two files, by the way? I'd like to
>> mention it in tz-link.htm.
> It's part ofhttps://github.com/derickr/timelib, which powers the
> date/timezone support for PHP, HHVM and MongoDB.

Thanks for the info; I installed the attached patch to tz-link.htm to
point to it.