[tz] Adding a "test" region?

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 25 16:44:05 UTC 2018

  From: Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at joda.org>
  Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 16:11:41 +0000
  Subject: Re: [tz] Adding a "test" region?

  | As I have outlined in the other thread, just because a parser can
  | parse the TZDB source file, does not mean that there is no problem.

This is absolutely correct.

  | The problems occur in the interactions between the many and various
  | systems in the time stack. A test file plays a relatively small role
  | in testing the stack.

Of course.   But the expectation is that you'd also run all of the
other tests for all of the other interfaces that you have (I am sure
your team of paid professionals has created such tests) with the test
time zone.

That way you get to discover whether any of your interfaces have problems,
before things are being deployed in real timezones, and have time to
make corrections.

kre