[tz] EU Public Consultation summertime arrangements

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Fri Jul 13 10:02:02 UTC 2018

Le 13/07/2018 à 01:55, Paul Eggert a écrit :
> Also, I think it'd be helpful to suggest a solution to the problem. I'm
> thinking that the name Central European Union Time (CEUT) would be a
> good one if France, Germany and nearby countries adopt permanent UTC +02.

Except that it would seem quite likely that neighbouring non-EU
countries will align themselves with any changes made...

It also occurs to me that much of our discussion, and much of the
recommendation, is assuming that many European countries would change to
an offset that equates to their current summer time (i.e. permanent
summertime by any other name), when it is equally possible that they
would choose to stay year-round on their current winter time.

--
John