[tz] Epic fail for DST fallback in hospital health records

Mon Nov 5 20:07:29 UTC 2018

On 2018-11-05 08:30, Tim Parenti wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 00:08, Paul Eggert wrote:
> PS. I don't know whether the "EDT" in Hoffman's article's timestamp reflects
> the MS-Windows 10 bug or is a subtle joke; it could be both.
> Based on what I can tell, neither.  It's currently 10:30 EST, and this
> article
> <https://www.howtogeek.com/393423/how-to-change-windows-10-updates-download-folder-location/>
> is listed from the homepage with a relative timestamp of "6m ago", but the
> timestamp given on the page itself reads "10:24 EDT".  It seems "EDT" has
> been used for all articles there since the time change, at least.
The HTML time tags include classes which may use JavaScript to generate the text
from the attribute and possibly some format which could have tzabbr EDT hardcoded.
Hoffman:
<time class="dt-updated post-date updated" datetime="2018-11-04
15:23:30">November 4, 2018, 3:23pm EDT</time>
Gavin:
<time class="dt-updated post-date updated" datetime="2018-11-05
10:24:00">November 5, 2018, 10:24am EDT</time>