[tz] Another change on Brazilian DST time

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Mon Oct 15 11:59:02 UTC 2018

> In fact railroad in countries like Kazakhstan, Russia, China do follow time
> of their capital and thus you need to use Moscow time even if you're taking
> a train at Vladivostok, which it doesn't appears to be convenient.

At the other end of the argument, Australian trains mostly use the time
zone of the state/territory that they're in.

However, when I rode the Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide, we used:

Perth time (UTC+0800) from Perth to Kalgoorlie
UTC+0900 from Kalgoorlie to the state border
Adelaide time (UTC+1030 - it was summer) from the state border to Adelaide

I don't know if they do this in winter when Adelaide is on UTC+0930, nor if
they do it going the other way.

Should we have a zone for these trains? What would we call it?

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.