[tz] Estimate for a new tzdb release with Brazil rules.

Alan Mintz alan.mintz at gmail.com
Thu May 16 20:42:57 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM <Paul.Koning at dell.com> wrote:

> I would suggest a goal that any change properly submitted will appear in a
> tzdata release within a month.  "Properly submitted" means there is an
> authoritative official statement of the rule change, with the detail
> necessary to turn it into a tzdata rule.

With all due respect for the volunteer nature of the project, putting a
specific timeframe on it is a good idea, even if it's just a loose goal.
Policy makers are much more likely to co-operate when they have a specific
target (instead of just "as early as possible") that they use to push their
colleagues to a decision.

--
Alan Mintz <Alan.Mintz at gMail.com>