[tz] zdump --version reports "unknown" on OpenSuse 15.1 [2020a]

listclient at hayo.de listclient at hayo.de
Mon May 25 09:20:09 UTC 2020

Am 24.05.20 um 19:19 schrieb Paul Eggert:
> On 5/24/20 4:38 AM, listclient at hayo.de wrote:
>> sudo zdump --version
>> zdump (tzcode) unknown
>>
>> Installed package:
>> timezone - Time Zone Descriptions
>>
>> Is this a defect of the OpenSuse package or of the IANA code distribution?
>
> If you aren't sure, then the answer is "OpenSuse". :-)
>
> I suggest filing a bug report with the OpenSuse folks.

opensuse.org and new suse.com both are currently migrating user
accounts. In short: I cannot log in to the Suse-Bugzilla.
That is why the maintainer from Suse was and is addressed by this
thread. M. Calabkova, please take care of this bug.

>For what it's worth, on Ubuntu 18.04.4 'zdump --version' outputs
>"zdump (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.27-3ubuntu1) 2.27" and on Fedora 31 it outputs >"zdump (GNU libc) 2.30".

I expected this result. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Hayo