[tz] tzData Update for Iran DST

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 17 23:09:47 UTC 2022

On 3/16/22 23:14, Jahar Tyagi via tz wrote:

> Recently learned that Iran has decided to stop DST changes that was about
> to be applied on 22nd March 2022.
As I understand it, the rule change has been drafted by the Islamic
Consultative Assembly but has not been approved by the Guardian Council,
which may amend or veto it before it becomes law. It's possible, for
example, that the Guardian Council will delay implementation until next
year, which would be a good idea from the point of view of updating cell
phones and computers in an orderly way.

Please let us know when the rule change becomes official, so we can
prepare a new tzdb release.

Please also see
<https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2022-March/031269.html> for a
possible workaround on systems that need to use the proposed new rule
before it's official.