[UA-discuss] Some findings on the level of acceptance of IDNs - particularly in Arabic

Kurt Pritz kpritz at thedna.org
Thu Apr 16 00:59:55 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

These presentations were forwarded from a conference session in Dubai on 1-2 April 2015.

One is a presentation from ICANN on the IDN program and the other is some research on the compatibility of Arabic IDNs with various Internet applications.

They reinforce the need for more work on universal acceptance, especially the report by Raed Alfayez of SaudiNIC. While I can get a lot of the problem and specific work from the slides, do we think it'd be good to have Raed present this material (or are these results already well known)?

Regards

Kurt