[UA-discuss] UASG010 - Quick Guide to Linkification

Tex Texin textexin at xencraft.com
Fri Sep 29 21:26:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

Some questions:

1)      Do I understand correctly, that the recommendation to not linkify highly restrictive strings means that  <mailto:tex@普遍接受-测试.世界> tex@普遍接受-测试.世界 would not become a link? Or http:// 普遍接受-测试.世界.com?

Highly restrictive means that latin cannot be mixed with Chinese or Japanese characters.

2)      I do not understand “Linkification should be determined by the implied intent of the user's entry” Is this intended to mean that the scheme (http, mailto, etc) should be added to form the link? Or some other determination of intent? If the former, it should be stated more clearly.

tex