[UA-discuss] Odg: EuroDIG 2018

dusan@dukes.in.rs dusan at dukes.in.rs
Mon Apr 2 18:16:16 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am going. And I can help.

Cheers
Dusan Stojicevic

Sent from my Commodore 64

----- Odgovor -----
Od: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com>
Za: "Universal Acceptance" <UA-discuss at icann.org>
Predmet: [UA-discuss] EuroDIG 2018
Datum: пон, апр 2, 2018 20:03

Hi all.
Is anybody planning to attend the EuroDIG 2018, that will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia, from 5 to 6 June 2018 (with a Day 0 Monday 4 June)? See
https://www.eurodig.org.

One of the topics on the agenda is Universal Acceptance. I have volunteered to be the focal point for this topic - which does not mean to be the “expert”, just the person who tries to get things going 😊.

As you can see from the session page https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/WS_06_2018 it is pretty much work in progress. Actually, to be honest, “work just being started, but already late”.

I believe that it was an opportunity not to be missed, considering that in Georgia we will have local people attending - who’s native language uses a non-latin script - and wide participation from neighbouring countries and Eastern Europe - that
share a similar situation. However, for turning this into a success - or at least a useful session - we need to have participation by people who can explain the technical issues and the way forward. I could do it, but not being an expert I believe that participation
from the “real" folks will be instrumental to widen the awareness - and possibly to further participation.

Best regards,

Roberto