[UA-discuss] Draft Notes - UA at ICANN61 2018-03-22

Chaals Nevile chaals at yandex.ru
Mon Mar 26 10:57:22 UTC 2018

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:15:03 +0200, Don Hollander
<don.hollander at icann.org> wrote:

> A practical note:
>

> This list makes use of MailMan – which in theory is EAI ready.
>
> This list is hosted by ICANN.
>
> ICANN IT will have to have changes in its infrastructure for these
> objectives to b read
> Correct operating systems hosting mailman
> Correct version of mailman running
> ?maybe an up-to-date version of ICANN’s MTA if it doesn’t use MailMan’s
> own (assuming it has one)
>

> Such measures would be interesting, but they have a bottleneck in a
> single spot and probably not a good measure – at least at >this time.

I think that "when the bottlenecks are important enough for ICANN IT to
solve" is a good milestone to track. We may not be the first to resolve
the problem, but how long it takes those promoting the solution to be able
to use it is a pretty useful thing to note.

I also agree that when we get spam on EAI addresses will be a good
milestone to note.

cheers

--
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile find more at https://yandex.com