[UA-discuss] New material on IDNA at the IETF: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-unicode11/?include_text=1

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 5 02:56:02 UTC 2018

On 10/4/18 8:34 PM, Don Hollander wrote:
> Does this mean that there are no longer any issues in keeping the
> Unicode and IDNA 2008  aligned?

It means that Patrik has written an Internet-Draft. :-) The document
needs to gain consensus and be approved before we can say that the IETF
has made a decision. Furthermore, approval of this document would mean
that one alignment issue has been solved, but as far as I can see others
would remain.

> Or does it mean that an exercise is required by the IETF every time
> there’s a new release from Unicode?

Not that, by my reading.

Peter