[UA-discuss] UASG Coordination Group - Face to Face meeting - Washington DC January 7-9 2019

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Jan 1 17:25:08 UTC 2019

Dear all:

A reminder the UASG Coordination Group will be meeting face-to-face in Washington DC later this month.

The agenda can be found https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z1NTEz9TrsIh9083WNWpYIGFgDVEiQmOqanmMY5kjC4/edit?usp=sharing
Please note that this is subject to change.  If there's a particular topic that your interested in, please let me know and I'll try to provide you some advance notice of schedule.

A large part of the meeting will be devoted to considering a fresh approach to the project.  This will happen on the Tuesday.

A couple of housekeeping notes:

  1.  The meeting is at ICANN's Washington DC office, the address is shown on the agenda.   To get into the building you must be on a list provided to building security and you must bring some official government ID.  Passport, drivers licence, etc.  I will shortly send a separate note to those currently on the list.
  2.  Remote participation will be provided.  Connection details are shown on the agenda.

Programme as it stands now pasted below for your convenience.

Don

UASG Coordination Group Face-to-Face Meeting

January 7 - 9 2019 Washington DC

ICANN Offices:

801 17th Street NW, Suite 400

Washington, DC 20006, USA

Phone: +1 202 570 7240

All guests MUST bring a Government photo ID with them

Anyone attending must be included in a visitor list provided to the building security..

https://participate.icann.org/universalacceptance

US

tel://1-605-475-5619,*,,2785710613#

NZ

tel://0800-440-096,*,,2785710613#

HK

tel://800-901-914,*,,2785710613#

UK

tel://0800-358-6387,*,,2785710613#

DE

tel://0800-588-9171,*,,2785710613#

Beijing

Tel://86-10-5667-0006,*,, 2785710613#

IN

Tel://1800 3010 1569,*,,2785710613#

Other numbers available by request.

  *

Monday 7 January 2019

00 1200 - 1430

Attendance and Apologies

Welcome and high level review and plan for the days

What does success look like

Ram

01

Notes from previous meeting

    October 2018

    Barcelona UASG Workshop

02

Outstanding Action Items from Previous Meetings

Don

03

Project Updates

  *   UA Ambassadors
  *   UA Documentation Review
  *   EAI Working Group
  *   UA Comms Working Group
  *   Technical Marketing Outreach
  *   Library Remediation Efforts
  *   Linkification Review
  *   Website Evaluation Work
  *   Geographies
     *   India - IAMAI Work
     *   China - CNNIC
     *   Brazil

Don

04 1430 - 1530

EAI Working Group

Ajay/Yao/Mark

1530 - 1550

Coffee and Tea

05 1550 - 16:10

Review of UASG005 & UASG007

Lyman

06 16:10 - 16:30

Financials, Budget

Don

07 16:30 - 16:45

Elections & Position Descriptions

Ram

08 16:45 - 17:00

UASG @ ICANN64

Gwen

19:00

Dinner

Tuesday 8 January 2019

0830 - 0930

Strategic Planning Framework

Don Hollander

0930 - 1030

Stakeholders (session 1)

Sarmad Hussain

1030 - 1050

Coffee and Tea Break

1050 - 1200

Stakeholders (session 2)

Don Hollander

1200 - 1300

Lunch Break

1300 - 1400

Stakeholders (Session 3)

Sarmad Hussain

1400- 1500

UASG Working Groups (Session 1)

Don Hollander

1500 - 1520

Coffee and Tea Break

1520 - 1640

UASG Working Groups (Session 2)

Sarmad Hussain

1640 - 1730

Vision, Mission, Goals, Measurements of Success, Organisational Function

Don Hollander

Review of Day and Actions

Ram/Jennifer

Wednesday 9 January 2019

0830 - 0930

Strategic Planning Review

UASG Budget Review

0930 - 1030

UASG Comms

Lars/Christian/Collin

10:30 - 10:45

Coffee and Tea Break

10:45 - Noon

UASG Review of meeting and notes and actions

Ram

Noon - 13:30

DC-DNSI Meeting

Susan Chalmers