[UA-discuss] [UA-EAI] UA-EAI WG Webinar: Presentation of the EAI Support in Email Software and Services 2020 Study (UASG030) - Tuesday, 15 December at 17:00 UTC

John Levine john.levine at standcore.com
Tue Dec 15 15:14:46 UTC 2020

> One fundamental thing which is missing since long is report on secure
> Email Gateway which is an enterprise anti-spam and threat prevention
> system ...

Could you give some examples of these gateways?

In my experience, the small and medium systems that use MTAs such as
Postfix, Exim, and Courier don't use them but instead use open source spam
and malware filters like spamassassin and ClamAv.

I suppose we could see how well they deal with EAI mail but it'd be a
significant project, first to figure out what the criteria are and then
how to test since there are an awful lot of different parts of
Spamassassin, most of which would not be used on any single mail message.

Regards,
John Levine, john.levine at standcore.com
Standcore LLC